Version 4 Preview
Version 3.1 is the last of the 3.x series.
FileBoss V4 arriving mid-Spring 2017
Major Additions and Upgrades
- File and Folder Health Checks (finds potential problem files and checks for conformity to standard media requirements such as thumb drives (exFat), FAT16 and FAT32 (typically old hard disks), CDs, DVDs, and custom file management systems.
- Deleting problem files (we call it Nuking). As long as the disk isn't corrupt or damaged FileBoss should be able to delete files, folders and whole paths no matter how deep they are or what characters the filenames contain.
- Convert all illegal (e.g., iOS/Linux/corrupted) filenames to valid Windows filenames
- Power renaming with Regular Expressions
- Recursive renaming
- Extremely fast directory listings
- Reports for copy error that include one or more reasons as to what may be the problem.
Long filenames and illegal characters
- Robust renaming of problem files such as removing illegal spaces, Linux, Mac, and illegal characters. These can be renamed either inline or using the batch renaming routines.
- Better display and navigation of problem files and folders. Deep files and folders can now be navigated to in the tree view (the left-hand pane of any tab.
- Flexible and powerful renaming with Regular Expressions e.g. "John Doe, Deparment P25" to "Doe, John, Deparment P25" or event to "Dept P25, Doe, John".
- Search and replace now makes optional multiple replacements in filenames.
- Better, more prominent logic for renaming recursively
- Files with errors listed in special Virtual Folder along with possible reasons
- Selective Copy
- Variable text size for views and dialogs
- Quick access to drive properties and disk management.
- Realtime updates of drive space for drive bar buttons
- Drive bar now on Virtual Folder Tabs as well as Explorer Tabs
- Folders can now be sorted together with files
Miscellaneous Minor Stuff